Aug 23, 2008

Under Construction1 工事中1

Since last week the construction site came to the building where I live. Because of the renovation of the apartment room below mine, I can also hear boring the walls, scraping ceiling, setting up bathroom and so on with vibration. Very interesting to know is, Austrian people start working from or just before 7 AM. Once I saw a people working at truck at 6:30. I just wonder if anybody will not complain it. My construction report continues...

一週間前から工事現場がこちらの建物に移ってきた。下の階の部屋でも部屋の完全改装をしているので、壁に穴開けたり、天井をはがしたり、バスルームの水周りを工事したりする音が振動を伴って聞こえてくる。面白いのはこちらの人はもう7時から工事を始めること。一度6時半にトラックを動かしている人を見たこともある。近所の人はだれも苦情を言わないのかと不思議になる。工事のレポートは続きます。

2 comments:

andlyman said...

Actually people complain all the time, but it has become so commonplace that you couldn't iamgine city life without it; it's almost like the church bells, part of the backdrop scenery. Summer is the worst, it is also referred to as 'Baustellenzeit' (construction season).

Sachito said...

Hehehe people can adjust themselves...
When I was in Tokyo (I lived there for four years) for the first some weeks often thought that there might have been an earthquake every time trains near my partment passed.
After that, I got too used to it to think it to be the usual daily "earthquake" when a real one hit :)